Sunday, November 26, 2006

Painting the House Day 1

So yesterday, we took on the challenge of painting the interior of the house.

Builders beige is just not my color anymore. After always watching those home improvement shows in TLC and Discovery made me want something different. I have always lived in a home with the standard paint, no uniqueness.

Well now that I have my own place, this was my chance to continue to put my mark on the house.

The day started out with Maida and I going to Home Depot for supplies. We wound up choosing around 6 or 7 different colors for the whole house. We also picked up a cool area rug, some lights to mount underneath the kitchen cabinets, new showers heads from Delta, some new pendant lights for the breakfast counter, and of course some Behr Paint.

Anyhow, my crew consisted of Maida, my brother Marlon, his girlfriend Lori, my friend Ez and my mom and dad. It was the first time that Maida and Ez painted. So it was a cool experience for them. My brother on the other hand, kept going past edges and painted window glass.

Here are some pics of the before, my crew, myself, and the after.

Enjoy!!!

Overall, it was a good day, great time with friends and family and we got some work accomplished!!!
Today, I go back to home depot to pick up some more supplies, then we finish up the powder room downstairs, touch up some edges, then move up to the bedroom floors.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home