Friday, March 23, 2007

Foundation Workshop Seattle

As a wedding photographer here in Seattle, I am always striving to find ways to improve my photography. One of the ways that I do that is to attend workshops or seminars that are taught by some of the greatest wedding photographers around.

I have been taught by Cliff Mautner, Bambi Cantrell, Joe Buissink, and inspired by countless others. I add to that list the great Huy Nguyen. He is a former news photographer who became a wedding photographer. In just four short years he has rocketed to the top as being one of the most well respected "photojournalists" of weddings.

The event started out with a nice get together of the Seattle area photographers at the Pyramid Brew right across the street from Safeco. We had a nice turn out and really allowed us to get loose for the next day.
Photo Courtesy S. Flanigan


This was not a shooting workshop as others that I have taken in the past, but it was an exercise in ways to strive harder for the photographs that we take. We spent two great days learning from Huy, his work ethics, photographic style, and critiques on how we can improve our photographs and business.

I hope to use what I have learned these passed few days from Huy and from the other photographers that I have met.

The great part of this workshop was that I was able to hang out with some old friends as well new ones.
Huy teaching us his mysterious ways!!!

John Chin and I

James, Maurice, John, Me!!!, Sean


I have known these photographers for a while and it is always to great to exciting with great talent such as Maurice and John. I was able to get to know a few more, Mat Hayward, Jen Nance, Cesar Perez from Dallas, Eliza Truitt, James Chan, Jane Lee, John Hong, Sean Flanigan and Lina Jang and O.B..

All in all, we photographers in Seattle are an ever increasing tight knit group of people.
Maurice, Mat, ME!!!, Cesar

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home