Saturday, August 26, 2006

the Knot Industry Party


Hey All..Above was my only group shot that I took. Below you will Greta's version.
Snuck in there is Jose on the Bottom Left, Rowell to the top left, Bob dead center, Lyhnda, Tamera, Myself. I will be letting you know who these people are better later.
I had a blast on Thursday night. My assistant Jose attended with me. It was the Knot's annual industry party. It is thrown nation wide in majority of the cities that they service.

The party was held at the Palace Ballroom on 5th Ave in Seattle. It is actually quite a nice location with lots of windows. A beautiful place for lots of natural light during the Summer. Catering was done by the famous Tom Douglas who was actually on site doing some of the cooking. A chef of his notariety cooking for us. WOW!!! Unfortunately I was not blown away by the actual food. They had some mini hum bao dumplings, roasted duck, crab cakes and a few other finger foods. They were decent at best. The alcohol was free and flowing. I was, of course, happy to oblige taking my share of the white wine and champagne.

I was able to meet some amazing people in the wedding industry and meetup with some that I already knew. It was interesting alot of the stories that we shared. Brides. Please understand and take no offense. We all shared stories of brides that would go from one wedding partner to the next trying to wage a price bidding. Please note, that majority of the people in Seattle know each other. Photographers are friends with other photographers, florists with other florists, bakers with other bakers, etc... We do meet up, we do talk, we do know what eachother does, capable of doing, and pricing.

I was busy talking to so many people so I only took a couple of photos.
I will list people or places that I am excited to be adding to my list of recommended partners on another blog..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home